Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf

I love lemon. L.O.V.E. lemon.

Blueberries ain't too bad either.

I was really excited to see the recipe for lemon-blueberry bread. However, this was another "meh" result, darn it!

However, that might have been my own fault, so before I deliver a final verdict, I think I need to remake it.

Problem #1 - I used a mixture of whole wheat & white flours. Probably not the best choice. Whole wheat is better, but let's be honest, white flour makes better goodies.

Problem #2 - I doubled the recipe. Probably not the best idea, given it was my first time with it, but my aunt & uncle were to visit the next day and I wanted to send a loaf home with them. I should have just prepared as-is on the first go-round.

Problem #3 - I divided the batter between 2 pans. The loaves were HUGE. Huge!! Another site (where the original pin led) mentioned getting 2 loaves out of the single batch, and she was probably right; I no doubt could have had 2 nicely sized loaves from the un-doubled recipe.

So, as you can see, I really owe it to the author to give this bread another try. Next time I won't double and I'll use all white flour ;-)

I have to say that the glaze for the bread is absolutely delicious. Just terrific. I could see using it on other lemony items. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment