Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ah, Cupcakes!

I got a KitchenAid stand mixer for our 18th anniversary last month. One of the first things I made was of course our anniversary cake, and frosting.

The recipe for the cake and the frosting came from the same place. They were paired on a Pin, and I'd been waiting to make them. Let me tell you, do NOT attempt a buttercream without a stand mixer. I've kind of made it before, but the KitchenAid makes a world of difference. Now it's actually good!

Anyway, I digress. These 2 recipes are very (very) good. Seriously, look no further. The cup(cake) recipe starts with a boxed mix; no shame in that! You doctor it though and by the time you're done it kinda feels like you did it from scratch ;-) The flavor is good, the cupcake is sturdy but moist, and not crumbly.

The buttercream is simply yum. Very simple, but sometimes simple is best. You can use it as a base and then flavor as desired, perhaps leaving out the vanilla if you do. I've made chocolate and strawberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment