Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sugar Cookie Truffles

For some years now I've been making Oreo Truffles during the holidays. Everyone loves them, it seems like you've spent a lot of time & effort, and the combination of Oreos & cream cheese turns ordinary items into something decadent.

So when I came across a recipe for Sugar Cookie Truffles, I was really jazzed. Unfortunately, I didn't find them to be as yummy as the Oreo version. They were a little dry and just not quite as good. Not terrible, just not the knock your socks off reaction the Oreo Truffles get.

Would I make them again? Not sure. Maybe if I let the cream cheese & sugar cookie mix set for awhile so that the cookie part would be a little softer it might be different. I think the missing element is that there's no "cream", like Oreos have. If there was something to add to the sugar cookie mixture it might work.

Thinking just now, I wonder how a sugar cookie dough, without eggs, would work. Yes, I'm talking raw cookie dough (either no eggs or a pasteurized egg substitute, maybe?) rolled into balls and dipped per the recipe. Might just give that a try next Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment